Monday, August 30, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Chip
Cookies

I will be the first to admit that I absolutely love snacks and dessert. But not the garden variety store bought ones, I much prefer homemade. I have tried a couple of chocolate chip cookie recipes since living the vegan lifestyle and as of now my favorite by far is the recipe found in Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's book Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. It's a one bowl, simple recipe with the most exotic ingredient being tapioca flour which I substitute with corn starch and all turns out just fine. These cookies are so easy to make and so delicious. Everyone in the house devours them. The whole batch is usually gone by the end of the day. On that note, however, I should point out that the recipe really doesn't make that many cookies: approximately two dozen and with all our kids and their friends, two dozen is like five dollars worth of gas - you think it will last you a couple of days, but no way.

So, if you don't have it and you are a cookie fiend like me, buy it, borrow it, beg for it, whatever it takes and pick up Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar - it's a great little recipe book (at least I think so).

No comments:

Post a Comment